Established in 1999 the College is affiliated to Karnataka State Law University, Hubballi and is recognized by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi (Vide Registration No. BCI/LE/KLESLC/CKD/KSLU/701/2009. Since beginning the institution is offering Five Year B.A., LL.B. (Semester) Course. From the academic year 2001-2002, Three year LL.B. (Semester) course is introduced.
The College is manned by qualified and experienced Principal and has spirited faculty members. The faculty members are committed academicians with specialization in Constitutional Law, Labour Law, International Law, Business Law, Criminal Law and Social Science subjects and participated in Orientation, Refresher Courses and several State, Regional and National Level Seminars and Conferences. In addition, experienced Advocates are employed as Guest Faculty to teach procedural Laws.
Well furnished hostels both for Boys and Girls located on the College Campus.
Auditorium and Moot Court Hall:
The College has well equipped auditorium which can accommodate 250 students. It is designed to conduct Law related seminars, Workshops Mock trials, Moot Court, Client Interviewing Competitions.
Free Legal Aid Clinic:
The College provides free service in matters of legal disputes, including legal opinion to the poor through its Free Legal Aid Clinic consisting of faculty members and students to help the needy and achieve social justice.
The College has National Service Scheme (N.S.S.) Unit to inculcate service oriented attitude in students. Apart from regular activities, the Unit conducts Annual Special Camp in an adopted village for 10 days in association with Karnataka State Law University, Hubballi, to undertake plantation, cleanliness, HIV/AIDS awareness, legal literacy programmes, socio legal survey, etc., in the village, to realize its commitment to the growth of society.
Association of Mooters:
Association of Mooters was formed in the year 2001. All the students are members of the association. The object behind forming the association was to provide opportunities to the students to learn advocacy skills and gain practical experience in court procedures.
About COLLEGE LIBRARY, COMPUTER Lab:
Library is a Temple of Knowledge. Library is housed with 7705 Volumes of Books and Back volumes. Of these 942 are Back volumes of Journals and Reporters. The Library Procures 27 periodicals including 10 newspapers. Of these 14 are reporters, 13 Journals.
The Computer centre has 20 Computers to provide basic knowledge in Computers.
Monday to Friday: 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Saturday: 10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
FACILITIES PROVIDED IN THE LIBRARY
- A Digital Library facility is provided to the students and members of staff of the College.
- User friendly Library Software (e-Lib Software) is used for all the operations of the Library.
- Each student is provided with one identity card and Borrower’s card. Books are issued on Borrower’s Card and Identity Card.
- The Librarian ensures the purchasing of current titles in consultation with Principal & Staff. Suggestions from the students also taken in to consideration in purchase of Books.
- All new arrivals are displayed at the entrance hall of the Library.
- Books for special purpose exhibited on the important days and occasions of the year.
- The Library provided the services like circulation, Bibliographic Compilation, Reference and career guidance.
Library Rules and Regulations:
- Student Identity card is compulsory to avail the services of the Library.
- Users are requested to avoid conversation and discussion that will disturb other readers. Library hall is meant for individual study only.
- Users should not disturb the arrangement of furniture.
- Use of Cell Phone is strictly prohibited in the Library.
- Library users are requested to not reshelf the materials (Books, Journals, etc.,) the Library staff will do it for you.
- Books and Bound Volumes should be handled with care.
- Defects found in the Books and Bound Volumes should be brought to the notice of the Library personnel immediately.
- Pages of the Books and Bound Volumes should not be folded to serve as Book Marks.
- Disfiguring and marking the pages of Library Books with ink or Pencil is prohibited.
OVER DUES / FINES
- Overdue Books are charges with Rs. 2 per day.
- Users are charges with 5 times of the Cost of the Book/Material which is lost by them.
- Reference Material issued if not returned before stipulated time, charged with the fine of Rs. 5/- per day.
- Duplicate Borrower cards can be obtained by paying the fine of Rs. 50/-.
- Books demand slips notifying the priority of Books needed should be place in the Library one-day before the date of issue.
- Only two Books will be issued on production of the ID Card
- Books issued for Home reading must be returned on or within the due date.
- If the Book is not returned to the Library when due, a late fee of Rs. 2.00 per day. Per book shall be levied.
- Students who borrow Books should not disfigure the Books by writing their names or under-lining in them or writing in the margins.
- Any previous damage done to the Books such as disfiguring or tearing away of the pages or photographs should be checked before taking the Books for reading and any such thing noted should be brought to the notice of the Librarian.
- Borrowers are held responsible for any damage caused to the Books and for any disfiguring or tearing of their contents. Such defaulters will be severally dealt with and they will not be issued the Books in future.
- Identity Card is to be used as a token and should be produced at the time of Borrowing Books from the Library. Borrowers should obtain their ticket or card back as soon as they return the Books borrowed from the Library.
- Books for consultation in the Library will be issued on the presentation of Identity Card. Only two Books will be issued on a card.
- No Book taken for consultation shall be taken out of the Library Hall.
- If the Book issued for consultation is not returned at the issue-counter before leaving the Library, an over-due charge of 5-00 Rupees per volume per day shall be levied and further issue to such students will be suspended.
- Books issued for consultation in the Library must be returned before leaving the Library.
- If any Student loses his or her Identity Card, a fee of 200-00 Rupees will be charged for the issued of a duplicate Identity Card.
- If a Book is lost by the reader, he or she should replace it by a new Book or by paying 2 times the cost of the Book as per the prevailing market rate.
- News Papers, Periodicals and Magazines will not be issued for Home reading.
- Dictionaries, Reference and Rare Books should be consulted in the Library only; they will not be allowed to be taken outside the Library. Any loss or damage to them shall make the student liable to pay the exemplary fine fixed by the Librarian with the approval of the Principal.
- At the end of the academic year or after the examination for that year a student is required to return the ID card, failing which his/her caution money and other deposits will not be refunded.
The Government of Karnataka and Government of India will be awarding Scholarships to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Cat-I, II-A, II-B, III-A and IIIB Students. All the SC/ST, Cat-I, II-A, II-B, III-A and IIIB students are advised to apply for the same within the prescribed date which will be notified on the College notice Board.
GENERAL RULES FOR DISCIPLINE
- Students are required to exhibit high standards of academic interest and responsible behaviour, befitting as Law Students.
- Rules of Discipline may be framed, notified and shall be strictly binding on all students.
- Every student shall wear College Uniform including BLAZER as prescribed by the College Authorities.
- Every student must be regular in attendance and for any absences continuously for more than a week, prior intimation to and permission from the Principal shall be necessary.
- Minimum 70% attendance is compulsory, students who have attended less than 70% to the classes will not be allowed to fill the exam forms as University rules.
- The scheme of selection decided and opted by the Principal for the selection of Students Representatives for the current academic year, shall be final. The rules and procedure made for the purpose by the Principal shall be final.