As per the requirements of Karnataka State Law University 20 weeks of internship (5 year course) and 12 weeks of internship (3 year course) during the course is compulsory.
- Internship in a year cannot be for a continuous period of more than 4 weeks in a given academic year.
- Internship shall be done at varied forums like Trial & Appellate Advocate Chambers, Judiciary, Research Institute, Legal Regulatory Authorities, Local Self Governments, Legislature and Parliament, NGOs, Corporate Companies, Banks, Insurance Companies, Law Firms and other Legal Functionaries.
- Internship undergone during academic classes shall not be considered.
- Each student shall maintain internship dairy in the form stipulated by the University.
- Certificates (colour photocopy) of each internship shall be submitted to the faculty in-charge soon after the completion of Internship.
- Therefore, it is hereby instructed to the students to comply with the requirements.
Details to be mentioned on Certificate:
- Student Name, class and Registration no. (University Examination)
- Name of the Institution/ Organization and duration of Internship with date.
- Date, Seal and Signature of the Authority.
- Area of research and training.
- Student seeking letter for internship shall state the complete address of the organization of internship.