SC/ST Students Redressal Cell
India is made up of a society where people belong to different religious and cultural background. This multiculturalism has its own vividness and Gloom . In the process of nation building involvement of some faction of the people belonging to certain castes and tribe who were socially ,economically and educationally lagging was lacking. To ensure a progress in all aspects ,the framers of the constitution has with much foresightedness introduced provisions for such neglected groups through reservations .To achieve the objectives under the Constitution at institutional levels , the creation of SC/ST cells was mandated .The cell has been established to support and to bring students from such communities in the main stream. The SC/ST cell of the college was established in 2016 to strive towards achieving the above purposes.
Objectives of the Cell
- To ensure a secular atmosphere which promotes learning
- To enhance learning out comes among the students by providing books under SC/ST/OBC Book Bank Scheme .
- To ensure adherence to the objectives under the constitution for upliftment of the members of the community and to promote their participation for a better society.
- To create awareness and facilitate institutional implementation of government schemes for scholarship, Career prospects
- To resolve any variance, if any through counseling.
- To redress and reduce the grievances of SC/ST/OBC students, if any.
- Conduction of programmes , which promote their development
- To collect information and data of State Govt. and UGC’s orders on various aspects of education, employment of SC/ST & OBC Students.
- To flow State Government and UGC’s decisions about different scholarship programs.
- To converse with the students and motivate them for better future planning.
SC / ST STUDENTS GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL Cell: 2020-21
|Sl. No.||Name of the Member||Designation in the Committee|
|1||Prof. D.B. Solapure, Principal||Chairman|
|2||Prof. V.S. Bilagi, Asst. Professor||Co-ordinator|
|3||Prof. P.M. Kamate, Asst. Professor||Member|
|4||Prof. S. B. Nagarale. Asst. Professor||Member|
|5||Adv. S.D. Kotabagi, Advocate, Chikodi||Alumni Representative|
|6||Adv. M. R. Sagare, Senior Advocate, Chikodi||Parent Representative|
|7||Mr. Uday Sannakki, III year LL.B||Students Representative|
|8||Miss. Prajakta Hegade, V year B.A.LL.B||Students Representative|
|9||Miss. Aruna A Kamble, Office Assistant||Non-Teaching Representative|
|10||Mr. S.D. Shirahatti, Librarian||Member|
As per university guidelines, college has constituted the committee. The cell gives different information to the students of SC and ST communities. Meetings are conveyed by the cell from time to time.